Greek Green Bean Salad
- 2 pound tomatoes, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 1/4 pound pitted kalamata olives
- 1.2 pound feta, sliced and crumbled
- 3/4 cup minced parsley
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced and roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- ground black pepper to taste
Toss the tomatoes with the salt and vinegar in a bowl.
Marinate for one hour.
Meanwhile, steam the green beans until tender, drain, and refresh
under cold water. Drain the tomatoes, place in a large bowl with the
green beans and all remaining ingredients, and mix gently.
Refrigerate for several hours to allow the flavors to combine.